Long Ride with My Boy(s)

>> Saturday, August 27, 2016

On Mon-Wed, Henry had kindergarten orientation. He's now SUPER pumped to go to school. On Tuesday, I loaded the boys into the Chariot, and Charlie and I dropped Henry off at school. Then I got Charlie strapped back in to the gym:


Snack time in the Chariot!

I did a good 40 minute core workout at the Y, and I stretched my legs well too. Then we took the "long way home" by adding on more miles on the Greenway and along River Road. Charlie zonked out for a bit:



So he missed it when I stopped to say "hi" to 2 turkeys:



We got back to school, picked up Henry (and got to see his locker, which NEARLY made me tear up a bit), and then rode easily home (adding on a few extra blocks just to "flush out" my legs. Total, it was nearly 16.5 miles on the day, with almost 14 miles of that averaging over 14 mph (the 14 miles with only Charlie - it's amazing how much harder it is with an extra 5-year-old in there!).

p.s. I've been posting a fair amount on my Photography Blog recently, and I want to make sure any locals know about this post which is about a Photography Biennial I was asked to be a part of at Concordia University. The opening is under 2 weeks away. Check out that last link for more info, and/or check out the gallery's Facebook event for the opening reception.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.