Suzie's Ironman Debut

>> Thursday, September 27, 2012

I met Suzie just over 3 years ago. She was a local up-and-coming multisport athlete who could out-bike me and run nearly as fast. We met at a super small "Splash and Dash" event. Here we are with all 7 athletes about to compete in a swim / run / swim / run:


Me on the left, and Suzie 3rd from the left.

Suzie did her first Ironman a few weeks ago in Wisconsin:



She finished FIRST in her age group in 10:38!!!



Suzie said "I was afraid to take off my left shoe when I finished after watching blood squirt out the top for over 7 miles."



Awesome.

And her sister posted this photo of her in an ice bath post-race along with the caption "This is what a 10:38 Ironman looks like!"



Congrats Suzie! :) That's bloodier than my foot after my 25K, but my feet look nastier overall. Check out Suzie's blog here.

(In related IM WI news, check out yesterday's post and give some IM training advice to my friend Justin. Thanks!)

4 comments:

Carolina John 8:59 AM, September 27, 2012  

Wow, how cool! Big congrats to her.

Anonymous,  9:44 AM, September 27, 2012  

Congrats to Suzie!

Travis 2:34 PM, September 27, 2012  

She going to Kona then in 2013?

Steve Stenzel 2:44 PM, September 27, 2012  

Yep Travis, I think she's planning on hitting up Kona! Way to go Suzie!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.